Our Hierarchs & Clergy
The Parish Council
The Parish Council helps to foster and encourage a properly functioning church community. Members assist the priest to ensure that the finances are in order and the temple and grounds are maintained.
Those selected for participation on the Parish Council pledge the following before God and the people to do their best to serve as examples to all in the community for living the mystical life in Christ:
“Having been appointed to the Parish Council of Annunciation of the Virgin Mary, we hereby solemnly promise to Almighty God, before His Holy Gospel and Life-creating Cross, that we will zealously, honestly, voluntarily, and with diligence and the fear of God, fulfill the duties of our office according to the Holy Tradition of the Church, the Statute of the Orthodox Church in America, and the by-laws of this parish, not for personal interest, but to the glory of God, the welfare of His Holy Church, and eternal salvation, remembering that for all of this we will give an answer before the Judgment Seat of Christ.
“We promise to look after the cleanliness and adornment of the holy temple, and to uphold the pursuit of peace, tranquility, and Christian love among the brethren of this parish community.
“In witness of this, my solemn promise, I kiss the Holy Gospel and Life-creating Cross of our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
Our Parish Council Members
Jean Rohal, Treasurer
- Write checks and ensure bills are paid on time
- Keep bank accounts reconciled monthly
- Provide current Budget and Reconciliation Reports, Bank Statements at monthly meetings
- Prepare and mail out end-of-year Giving Statements
- Manage payroll
Linda Wells, Secretary
- Prepare monthly meeting agenda
- Take minutes at monthly meetings
- Maintain Sacramental Log Book
- Compose and print weekly bulletin
- Track attendance numbers at services
Lisa Ours, Member
Tom Gramates, Member
Sean Deubelbiss, Member